William & Wendy Epley

William & Wendy Epley

Thursday, February 11, 2010

HCG Therapy

Back in January I decided that since I have gained half of what I have to loose in just the past 10 months because of the depression medication, I needed help to lose the weight.  So, I started doing the South Beach diet (again) and then went to see an obesity specialist when I freaked over my weight on the scale.  I explained my family history, the depression, etc. and asked for her guidance on what would be the best course for me to take to lose the weight cause maybe I already had the right plan in place.  She recommended HCG Therapy.

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a hormone that women naturally produce when they are in the early stages of pregnancy.  HCG appears to reset the hypothalamus gland which triggers the body to burn stored fat for fuel. HCG helps to burn adipose tissue (aka body fat).  This is the unwanted fat we want to lose but struggle to do so.  You'll lose abnormal fat deposits at first like potbelly, hips, thighs, and double chin.  Since the HCG motabolizes about 2000 calories of the stored fat each day, I get to eat very little without feeling like I'm starving.  My eyes popped out of my head when I heard I would only consume 500 calories per day.

So this is day 3, technically, that I've been on Releana (HCG therapy drug).  The first 2 days you "load up" on foods that you want - but should try to focus on high fat foods.  I never thought chosing a high fat food would be so hard.  I had a Bleu Cheese Burger from Red Robin for lunch and I was still full at dinner time that I just waited for dessert...  Banana Split!  This morning, day 3, started the restricted diet of 500 calories.  For breakfast I had water (yum!).  For lunch I made 3.5 oz of Chicken Breast with 3.5 oz of Spinach.  There is no butter or oils of any kind allowed so I have just seasonings.  I get to have a whole apple too!  Dinner I will make 3.5 oz of Steak and 3.5 oz of Broccoli.  Dessert will be an orange.  This will basically be my diet for the next 2 months since I don't eat any seafood.  I'll have to start the "weaning" process about April 5th so that I can savor the food on my trip to Disney World in May.  The "weaning" process takes about 3 weeks. 

Some of things I have to do is weigh myself every single morning right after I go to the bathroom before I consume any liquids.  I also need to consume at MINIMUM 2 liters of water... I'm shooting for 3 liters.  Before the diet I would struggle to get 1.5 liters down in a day.  I also keep a log of my weight and what I eat, when I take my pills, etc.  Put a graph together to track the weight loss.  So far with being on the therapy for 2 full days where I ate mostly high fat foods... I am down 3 pounds!  So the HCG therapy is looking promising.  It will be exciting to get my Elliptical in a week, get rid of the shin splints, and git to getting back in shape and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment