William & Wendy Epley

William & Wendy Epley

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Heat Is On!

Will and I along with our sister-in-law, Amy, started running to get prepared for a 10k run on 2/20/10.  Amy and I pant our way with a 13 minute-per-mile pace average, while Will breezes along with an 8 minute-per-mile pace.  I suspect that Amy can do a better time if she was not held back by my slower speed.

On 2/21/10 we'll do a 5K walk with the puppies sponsored by PetSmart at Tempe Town Lake.  This will be a good way to walk out the 10k cramps from the day before and spend some time together with our four-legged family members.

Our overall goal is to be conditioned so that we can run the Disneyland half-marathon (13.2 miles) this year in Anaheim.  My niece Jennifer will be flying out to join in the half-marathon event as well.  We are all looking forward to the race regardless because we are doing it in honor of my parents memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment