Well, week 2 has been depressing... literally. But it is not because of the hCG - it is because of the things that have been bothering me for the last 10 months. Saturday when Will, Amy and I went to run the Adobe Dam 5k I was unable to get to the first mile before Shin Splints kicked in. I was out in the middle of the desert so I had to keep going walking my way to the 2 mile mark in tears. That did me in emotionally. So, in joining in the celebration of Will and Amy completing the race so well - we went to IHOP. I was initally trying to be somewhat good because there's nothing on their menu that I can have and ordered a steak omlett. It was the side of short stack pancakes that did me in. I was satisfied with one bite... but I couldn't stop. So, the 15 pounds that I had lost by Saturday morning after 1.5 weeks of being on the diet was compromised and I gained back 4 pounds.
I've been puttin in a lot of time at work already this week and the focus on the new responsibilty has my mind ignoring the need to drink my water. Drinking lots of water is the key to this diet (besides avoiding IHOP). My body analyzer scale even tells me I'm not drinking enough. As of yesterday - 4 days after falling off the wagon I lost 3 of the 4 pounds I regained from the IHOP incident. This is enough to keep away from that kind of situation happening again.
So - please keep me in your thoughts and prayers to have the strength to be successful with this diet so that I can lose the weight and avoid a lot of the health problems my mother had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment